If you want to have chicken, you will definitely have to build a chicken coop on your own or buy the finished one. Its dimensions will depend on the number of goals. However, calculating the size of the bird - this is not the only thing that matters. To get a good result, you need to take into account walking, nesting, installing feeders and drinkers, as well as learning to provide the right feeding of the bird. Experienced birdwatchers can boast of different chicken coops, and we will now try to consider the necessities for a good chicken coop.
The Helpful Recommendations for Choosing a Good Chicken Coop
For those who do not know how to choose the best chicken coop and cannot make it on their own, we offer you to familiarize yourself with the general recommendations:
- A chicken coop is not just a barn, in which chickens have to spend the night. Inside the premises, a microclimate is created that is optimal for the livelihoods of the bird. The chicken should always be dry, light, warm in winter, and cool in the summer. This is achieved by heating all the elements of the bird, the arrangement of ventilation and artificial lighting. The birdman must reliably protect the bird from the encroachment of predatory animals.
- The size of the bird is calculated by the number of chickens. For accommodation of one bird, you need about 35 centimeters of free space on the trench, and for the walk of three cubs, a minimum of 1 m2 of free area should be provided. In addition, there is a section of a shed for chickens where nests, feeders and drinkers will stand.
- The chicken coop equipped according to all the rules consists of two parts: a shed and a walk. We have already figured out the room, but the second part is an enclosure or a detachment. The chicken wallet is a fenced off metal mesh section. It is always attached to the bird on the side of the cliff. In the fence of chickens in the summer, they walk all day. The size of the squad should be equal to the area of the chicken coop but it is better to double it.
- The height of the chicken coop depends on its size and number of livestock. But any barn for chickens does not make below 1 m. For example, a mini coop for 5 hectares is constructed in the size of 1 x 2 m or 1,5 x 1,5 m. The optimal height for such a design is 1-1,5 m. A large barn for 20 heads is erected in the size of 3x6 m. Accordingly, the height of the bird increases to 2 m.
- For any design, even the mini chicken coop should have the door. The door is needed for the person to serve the chicken coop.
Chicken, though being a very unpretentious bird, still requires certain conditions of maintenance. That's why you are recommended to check the guide for choosing the best coop able to meet all necessary requirements.